Cab & Chassis Trucks
Price: Call for price
Drive Side: Left Hand Drive
FREIGHTLINER 108SD — HEAVYWEIGHT POWER TRUCK
POWER AND VERSATILITY
With the 108SD, you get powerful, fuel-efficient engines, multiple PTO options, a chassis engineered for ease of upfit and a weight-optimized design.
ENGINEERED FOR UPFIT
The 109SD’s front-engine, rear-engine and transmission power take-off options allow packaging flexibility to suit any specific application, while providing consistent power output.
TESTED FOR DRIVER SAFETY
From top to bottom, the 108
Sd is engineered for driver safety. Individual components, systems and entire trucks are subjected to an array of virtual and physical tests to ensure out trucks deliver the functionality, performance and reliability you expect.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND TOUGH
Made from corrosion-resistant aluminum, reinforces with e-coated steel and assembled to precise manufacturing tolerance with Henrob rivets and welded construction, our cabs are both lightweight and tough.
RELIABLE SUPPORT NETWORK
With over 400 dealership locations, more than 190 Elite Support Certified dealers and a 24/7, toll-free hotline, no matter where you are in North America, Freightliner is there to help you maximize your uptime.
SEVERE DUTY VOCATIONAL APPLICATIONS
• Dump Truck
• Fire & Rescue
• Government & Municipality
• Sewer Vacuum
• Utility Truck
• Water Tanker
• 108" BBC steel-reinforced aluminum day cab
• Set-back front axle position at 43"
• Cummins L9 260 HP, 720 lb-ft torque
• Allison 3000 Series transmission
• Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs
• Rear axle rated at 21,000 lbs
• 50-degree wheel cut
• 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank
• Strong, durable cab and hood
• Radiator mounted molded-in color front grille with signature styling
• Front grille, headlight bezels, engine air intake grille, bumper and primary mirrors trimmed in black
• Halogen composite headlights
• Air rear cab mounts
• Flat dash
• 63" x 14" rear tinted window
• 2,500 square inch windshield
• Bright-accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels and engine air intake grille
• Engine air intake pre-cleaner
• Integral front frame extensions in 6" and 24" lengths
• Large selection of wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe duty needs
• REPTO, FEPTO and transmission power take-offs
• Two or three batteries mounted under cab to optimize back-of-cab packaging
• Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
• Steer axles rated up to 23,000 lbs
• AWD front drive axles rated up to 20,000 lbs
• Single drive rear axles rated up to 38,000 lbs
• Tandem drive rear axles rated up to 46,000 lbs
• Pusher and tag axles rated from 8,000 to 22,000 lbs available
• A wide range of Eaton and Allison® transmissions
• Freightliner AirLiner® and TufTrac® rear suspensions
• Hendrickson® walking beam and air ride rear suspensions
• Chalmers single rear suspensions
• Ergonomic wing dash
• Expanded dash instrumentation's, switches and controls to meet almost any vocational application
• Cummins ISB engine with up to 325 HP, 750 lb-ft torque*
• Cummins ISL engine with up to 380 HP, 1250 lb-ft torque*
• Frame-mounted front tow eyes
• Dual steering and controls
• Stand-up, right hand drive configuration available
• Higher engine ratings available for fire/emergency applications
• Detroit Connect Virtual Technician® remote engine diagnostics
Similar models may be shown in addition to the featured model. Equipment may be shown with options.
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.